join our team
Producer and Development Manager
BRASH is at an exciting and pivotal point in its development as a company, and with such we now require a Producer and Development Manager.
BRASH is seeking a motivated, ambitious, and business-savvy individual to join the company as Producer and Development Manager. The individual will work with the Artistic Director to develop and implement new opportunities, funding ideas, and a business strategy moving forwards. They will Project Manage our current and upcoming theatre projects with young people, schools, and theatres. We are seeking someone committed to moving the company to its next stages in professional theatre and educational development.
This role will initially be voluntary, with regular payment dependent on the attainment of funding. The appointment of a Producer and Development Manager is integral to achieving this funding. Though the company is receiving professional commissions, BRASH is very much at its beginning stages as a professional company, looking for someone keen to be a core part of its development process.
The role involves:
• Working with the Artistic Director to hone our company’s identity and vision, and identify opportunities that will help us to achieve these.
• Developing a business strategy for the company over the next year, including developing a funding strategy for projects, company member fees, and everyday company costs.
• Acting as Producer on all our theatre projects, involving being liaison between BRASH’s creative team and venues, charities, schools, and other partners.
• Administrative duties as required for the above duties.
• Managing and delivering our marketing strategy for theatre projects and other appropriate campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
• Theatre producing experience
• An in-depth knowledge of the theatre industry, specifically within the North East region
• Identifying fundraising and bid-writing experience, preferably for theatre projects.
• A passion for representing young people’s voices within the North East, specifically young working-class women’s.
• Exceptional organisational and time management skills.
• Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to pitch to partners and stakeholders, and theatre venues.
• A strong business acumen.
• A full DBS check, although this can be organised through the company if not
• Experience working with young people, and/or in young people’s theatre
For more information on the role, or on our company’s past and current projects. please contact Bethan Kitchen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to Bethan at email@example.com by 22nd July, 5pm.